Joint Entrance Examination, JEE Advanced or IIT JEE Exam dates 2020 have been announced. Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal today shared that the JEE Advanced 2020 would be conducted on August 23, 2020. The dates for JEE Main 2020 were announced on May 5 by the HRD Minister during a webinar with the students. JEE Main 2020 would be conducted from July 18 to July 23. Given the date of the JEE Advanced 2020, it can be suggested that the results of JEE Main 2020 are expected to be announced by August 10. The online application process for JEE Advanced 2020 would begin only after the final results of JEE Main 2020 are announced along with the JEE Main 2020 Ranks
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Date: 23rd August ’20
JEE Main 2020 (Revised dates by MHRD): July 18th to July 23rd ’20JEE Advanced is organised by one of seven Zonal Coordinating IIT’s guided by the Joint Admission Board (JAB). It is a National Level Engineering Entrance Exam for admission in the Bachelors, Integrated Masters and Dual Degree Programs. The exam will be conducted in online mode. Candidate needs to clear the JEE Main Exam to be eligible for the JEE Advanced Examination.
JEE Advanced Result 2020
Results for JEE Advanced 2020 will tentatively be released by the IIT Delhi in the second week of August. The result will comprise the exam scores, All India Rank (AIR) of candidates, subject-wise marks, etc.
Students may please note that the timeline provided above is only based on the usual time frame followed by the IITs in regards the examination. The actual schedule would be announced by IIT Delhi in a few days time. IIT JEE or JEE Advanced 2020 is conducted by the IITs while JEE Main, the qualifier is conducted by National Testing Agency. Both JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2020 would be online or computer based tests.
Candidates must fulfill one of the following two criteria in order to be eligible for admission at IIT:
- Candidates must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or an equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PwD candidates should be at least 65%. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are required as compulsory subjects in Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination in 2019 or 2020.
- Candidates must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) board examination in 2019 or 2020 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
JEE Advanced Exam PatternThe details regarding the JEE Advanced Exam pattern is given below:
- Online Mode: From 2020, the exam is conducted via online mode only.
- Number of Papers: JEE Advanced consists of two compulsory papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2).
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours/each paper. Some extra time will be given to the PwD candidates.
- Type of Questions: Objective type (MCQs).
- Language of Question Paper: English and Hindi.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects will be asked in the exam.
- Negative Marking: Yes, there is a provision of negative marking and different for paper 1 & 2.
JEE Advanced 2020 Syllabus
All The Best 🙂