If a few drops of a concentrated acid accidentally spill over the hand of a student, what should be done ?
(a) Wash the hand with saline solution
(b) Wash the hand immediately with plenty of water and apply a paste of sodium hydrogen carbonate
(c) After washing hand with plenty of water, apply solution of sodium hydroxide on the hand
(d) Neutralise the acid with a strong alkali
(b). Washing the hand initially with plenty of water gives partial relief from burning sensation. The paste of sodium hydrogen carbonate completely
neutralises the effect of the acid.