State whether the following statements are True/False
- Using good quality seed is the only criterion to get high yield.
- Growing different crops in different seasons in the same field will deplete the soil of nutrients.
- Ail crop plants are sown as seeds in the field.
- Cells of root nodules of leguminous plants fix nitrogen.
- Freshly harvested grains must be dried before shoring.
- False, apart from good quality seeds, using appropriate agricultural practices are important for getting higher yield.
- False, it actually enriches the soil. Different crops utilises different nutrients which permits the replenishment of used nutrients. This method is also called as crop rotation.
- False, some crop plants need transplantation.
- False, Rhizobium (bacteria) present in the cells of root nodules of leguminous plants fix nitrogen.
- True, the freshly harvested grains must be dried. The moisture content in them can spoil the grains or microbial infection may occur.
Drying reduces’ the moisture content in grains, thus preventing the attack of different organisms.