Download now India's Best Exam Prepration App
Class 9-10, JEE & NEET
|Video Lectures||Live Sessions|
|Previous Year Paper||Revision|
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If I had six hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend the first four hours sharpening the axe."
Planning and strategizing things should be your first move if you are stepping ahead towards making your career with IIT JEE Exam.
Start from scratch if you wish to bag victory, the basic element needed is an updated and accurate JEE Mains Syllabus from which questions are expected in the JEE Mains Exam. Noting down important things and analyzing different topics would be the best approach.
Some key facts of JEE Mains Syllabus to align your hard work and preparation in the right direction are written below.
- The syllabus will be having level similar to your 10+2 level.
- The topics that you will cover in class 11th and 12th books will help in constructing the base for JEE Main 2018 syllabus.
- But, you must give a thorough look upon the complete syllabus as there are some topics that could differ from your academic syllabus.
As per the JEE Mains Exam Pattern 2018, there will be 3 sections in Mains Paper 1 i.e. Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry, it is advised to deal with all the 3 sections with equal attention without neglecting any subject. Follow the same for Paper – 2 as well.
In JEE Mains exam, concepts taught in the NCERT textbooks will matter a lot while attempting the paper because the questions are usually picked up directly from there. Less amount of level of thinking is required to attempt these questions as about 30% of them are easy. However, “time constraint” is the biggest challenge faced by students and a lot of practice is required for scoring well in this exam.
The JEE Mains Syllabus is mapped according to the syllabus of NCERT textbooks to ensure uniformity and standard across the country. List of topics covered in the JEE Mains Exam 2018 Syllabus are listed below for both the papers for all the sections respectively.
JEE Mains Syllabus 2018 – Paper 1
Section 1 – Physics
- Physics and Measurement
- Work, Energy and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Properties of Solid and Liquids
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Currents and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems and Experimental Skills
Section 2 – Chemistry
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- The States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals
- s-Block Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry
Section 3 – Mathematics
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem and its Simple Applications
- Sequences and Series
- Limits Continuity and Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Three-dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
JEE Mains Syllabus 2018 – Paper 2
Section 1 – Aptitude
- Awareness of Places, persons, buildings and materials
- Texture and Objects related to Architecture
- Visualizing 3D objects from 2D drawings
- Visualizing Different sides of 3D Objects
- Mental Ability
- Analytical Reasoning
- Color Texture
- Contrast and Harmony
- Building Forms and Elements
- 3D- Perception and Appreciation of scale and proportion of objects.
Section 2 – Drawing Test
- Drawing and Designing of geometrical or abstract shapes & patterns in pencil
- Transformation of forms both 2D and 3D union
- Elevation and 3D views of objects rotation
- Development of Surfaces and Volumes
- Generation of Plan
- Creating 2D & 3D compositions using given shapes and forms
- Sketching of activities from memory of urban scenes
Now, when you have the complete list of topics included in the JEE Mains Syllabus analyze it properly make your preparation flawless, do not skip any of the topics, set goals and accomplish them to get the desired results. Not only this, but analyzing previous year question papers would also be highly beneficial from the point of view of JEE Mains Exam.
Please find the links below to get the detailed syllabus of all the three subjects:
For all other details regarding JEE Mains Exam please stay tuned with eSaral.
Hope you liked reading the above post. Please share it with your friends to help them in getting the relevant information.