Download now India's Best Exam Prepration App
Class 9-10, JEE & NEET
|Video Lectures||Live Sessions|
|Previous Year Paper||Revision|
Why is organic matter important for crop production ?
Organic matter forms humus. It is important for crop production because it makes the soil fertile.
1. Organic matter improves soil structure by forming soil crumbs.
2. It increases water holding capacity of sandy soils.
3. It improves aeration of clayey soils.
4. During its decomposition, it liberates minerals which enrich the soil.
5. Biochemicals present in decaying organic matter improve growth of crop plants.