Students who are preparing for Bihar Board Class 12 Exam will get here Bihar Board 12th Biology Syllabus with the unit-wise Marks distribution. This will help the aspirants to know about the chapters having more weightage. Also get the PDF of Detailed Syllabus in this Article.
|Unit 1: Reproduction||06|
|Unit 2: Genetics and evolution||18|
|Unit 3: Applied Biology & Human welfare||18|
|Unit 4: Biotechnology and its applications||18|
|Unit 5: Ecology and Environment||10|
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering plant: Pollination and fertilization
- Development of seed and fruit
- Reproduction in Humans: Male and Female Reproductive System, Menstrual cycle, production of gametes.
- Fertilization, implantation, embryo development, pregnancy and parturition.
- Reproductive health-birth control, contraception and STDs.
- Basics of Inheritance: Chromosome Theory
- Deviations from Mendelism ratio
- Sex determination in Humans.
- Linkage and crossing over
- Blood groups in human beings: Inheritance pattern of haemophilia.
- DNA, replication, transcription, translation
- Gene expression and regulation, DNA Fingerprinting
- Genome and Human Genome Project
- Evolution: Theories and evidences
- Microbes in Human Welfare: household food processing, industrial production, Sewage treatment and energy generation
- Cancer and AIDS
- Adolescence and drug alcohol abuse
- Microbes as Biocontrol Agents Microbes as Biofertilizers
- Animal Husbandry
- Basic concepts of immunology, vaccines,
- Enhancement in Food production plant Breeding Tissue Culture : Concept of Cellular, Totipotency, Requirements of Tissue Culture (in brief)
- Callus Culture, Suspension Culture
- Single Cell Protein. Biofortification
- Biotechnology Process
- Recombinant DNA technology: molecular diagnostic technique.
- Applications in Health & Medicines
- Applications in Agriculture
- Genetically modified (GM) organisms, Biosafety issues
- Organisms and Environment
- Ecological pyramids
- Ecological Succession
- Nutrient Cycling
- Ecosystem Services
- Biodiversity and its Conservation
- Environmental Issues