Download India's Best Exam Preparation App
Class 9-10, JEE & NEET
Download eSaral App
Students who are preparing for Bihar Board Class 12 Exam will get here Bihar Board 12th Biology Syllabus with the unit-wise Marks distribution. This will help the aspirants to know about the chapters having more weightage. Also get the PDF of Detailed Syllabus in this Article.
Unit 1: Reproduction
|Unit 1: Reproduction
|Unit 2: Genetics and evolution
|Unit 3: Applied Biology & Human welfare
|Unit 4: Biotechnology and its applications
|Unit 5: Ecology and Environment
Unit 2: Genetics and evolution
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering plant: Pollination and fertilization
- Development of seed and fruit
- Reproduction in Humans: Male and Female Reproductive System, Menstrual cycle, production of gametes.
- Fertilization, implantation, embryo development, pregnancy and parturition.
- Reproductive health-birth control, contraception and STDs.
Unit 3: Biology & Human welfare
- Basics of Inheritance: Chromosome Theory
- Deviations from Mendelism ratio
- Sex determination in Humans.
- Linkage and crossing over
- Blood groups in human beings: Inheritance pattern of haemophilia.
- DNA, replication, transcription, translation
- Gene expression and regulation, DNA Fingerprinting
- Genome and Human Genome Project
- Evolution: Theories and evidences
Unit 4: Biotechnology and its applications
- Microbes in Human Welfare: household food processing, industrial production, Sewage treatment and energy generation
- Cancer and AIDS
- Adolescence and drug alcohol abuse
- Microbes as Biocontrol Agents Microbes as Biofertilizers
- Animal Husbandry
- Basic concepts of immunology, vaccines,
- Enhancement in Food production plant Breeding Tissue Culture : Concept of Cellular, Totipotency, Requirements of Tissue Culture (in brief)
- Callus Culture, Suspension Culture
- Single Cell Protein. Biofortification
Unit 5: Ecology and environment
- Biotechnology Process
- Recombinant DNA technology: molecular diagnostic technique.
- Applications in Health & Medicines
- Applications in Agriculture
- Genetically modified (GM) organisms, Biosafety issues
This information would be useful for those who are looking for Biology Class 12th Syllabus of Bihar Board. Get to know the detailed syllabus of Class 12th for all Subjects and prepare accordingly for upcoming Exams.
Download eSaral App
- Organisms and Environment
- Ecological pyramids
- Ecological Succession
- Nutrient Cycling
- Ecosystem Services
- Biodiversity and its Conservation
- Environmental Issues
and get access to interactive learning and Video lectures related to Boards, JEE & NEET