Students who are preparing for Bihar Board Class 12 Exam will get here Bihar Board Class 12 Physics Syllabus with the unit-wise Marks distribution. This will help the aspirants to know about the chapters having more weightage. Also get the PDF of Detailed Syllabus in this Article.
Physics Syllabus Class 12: Unit wise Marks Distribution
|Unit Name||Marks Weightage|
|Unit 1: Electrostatics||08|
|Unit 2: Current Electricity||07|
|Unit 3: Magnetic effect of current and Magnetism||08|
|Unit 4: Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||08|
|Unit 5: Electromotive Waves||03|
|Unit 6: Optics||14|
|Unit 7: Dual Nature of Matter||04|
|Unit 8: Atoms and Nuclei||06|
|Unit 9: Electronic Devices||07|
|Unit 10: Communication Systems||07|
Bihar Board Class 12 Physics Syllabus
Electric Charges: Law of Conservation of charge, Coulomb’s Law (i) force between two point charges (ii) forces between multiple charges, Superposition Principle and Charge Distribution.
Electric field: (i) Electric field due to a point charge, (ii) electric field due to a dipole, (iii)torque on a dipole in uniform electric field, (iv)Electric Field Lines
Electric flux: Gauss’s theorem and its applications
Electric field (i) due to an infinitely long straight wire (ii) uniformly charged infinite plane sheet and (iii) uniformly charged thin spherical shell (field inside and outside).
Electric potential: Potential difference, System of Charges and Dipole, Equipotential surfaces
Conductors and Insulators: Charges Inside a Conductor, Polarisation, Capacitors and Capacitance, Series and Parallel combination of Capacitor, Parallel plate Capacitor, Energy stored in a Capacitor.
Van de Graaff generator: Working Principle, concept and Construction of Generator.
- Ohm’s law
- Resistance: Electrical resistance, V-I characteristics (linear and nonlinear), electrical energy, electrical resistivity, power and conductivity, temperature dependence of resistance.
- Carbon resistors: colour code, combinations of resistors.
- Cell: Internal resistanc, potential difference, combination of cells.
- Kirchhoff’s laws its applications.
- Wheatstone Bridge: Principle and its application
- Metre Bridge: Principle and its application.
- Potentiometer: Principle and its application
Magnetic effect of current and Magnetism
- Oersted’s experiment.
- Biot – Savart law and its application.
- Ampere’s law and its applications.
- Straight and toroidal solenoid, Cyclotron.
- Moving Coil Galvanometer, Ammeter, Voltmeter
- Torque on a magnetic dipole
- Earth’s magnetic field and magnetic elements.
- Electromagnets and factors affecting their strengths.
- Permanent magnets.
Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic induction; Faraday’s law, induced emf and current; Lenz’s Law, Eddy currents.
- Self and mutual induction, Need for replacement current.
- Alternating currents, peak and rms value of alternating current/voltage; reactance and impedance; LC oscillations (qualitative treatment only), LCR series circuit, resonance; power in AC circuits, wattless current.
- AC generator and transformer.
- Electromagnetic waves: characteristics and nature of waves.
- Electromagnetic spectrum: Radio Waves, Microwaves, Infrared Rays, Ultraviolet, X-rays & gamma rays.
- Reflection: types of mirror, spherical mirrors, mirror formula.
- Refraction: total internal reflection and its uses, optical fibres, lenses, lens formula, lensmaker’s formula.
- Magnification: power of a lens, thin lenses combination in contact.
- Prism: Refraction & dispersion of light through a prism, Scattering of light, Concept of appearance of the sun at sunrise and sunset.
- Human eye: image formation, eye defects (myopia, hypermetropia, presbyopia and astigmatism). Correction of Eye defects using lenses.
- Microscopes and astronomical telescopes.
- Wave fronts
- Huygens principle, plane waves reflection and refraction. Laws of reflection and refraction Proofs.
- Interference Young’s double slit experiment: expression for fringe width
- Diffraction due to a single slit: width of central maximum.
- Resolving power: microscopes and astronomical telescopes.
- Polarisation: Polaroids, Brewster’s law, plane polarised light, uses of plane polarised light
Dual Nature of Matter
- Photoelectric Effect: Einstein’s photoelectric equation, Hertz and Lenard’s observations.
- Wave nature of particles, De Broglie wavelength.
- Davisson-Germer Experiment.
Atoms and Nuclei
- Rutherford’s Experiment & Model; Bohr’s Model, Atomic Energy Levels, Emission spectrum of hydrogen
- Nucleus, atomic masses, Isotopes, Isobars & isotones.
- Radioactivity rays/particles: Alpha, beta and gamma with their properties, Radioactive decay law.
- Mass defect & Binding Energy, Mass-energy Relation, Nuclear fission & Nuclear fusion.
- Semiconductor: Extrinsic & Intrinsic Semiconductors, Types of diode, characteristics in forward and reverse bias.
- Rectifier: Rectifier as a Diode, Half Wave Rectifier, Full Wave Rectifier.
- Transistor: characteristics of transistor, transistor as an amplifier (common emitter configuration), transistor as a switch.
- Analog and digital signals: Basic concept, Logic gates (OR, AND, NOT, NAND and NOR),
- Basic terminology used in Electronic communication system
- Block Diagram of a Communication System.
- Bandwidth of Signals & transmission Medium.
- Electromagnetic Wave Propagation in the Atmosphere.
- Modulation and its Importance.
- Amplitude Modulation: Production and detection of Amplitude Modulated Wave.
- Sky and space Wave Propagation, Satellite Communication.
This information would be useful for those who are looking for Physics Class 12th Syllabus of Bihar Board. Get to know the detailed syllabus of Class 12th for all Subjects and prepare accordingly for upcoming Exams.
Download eSaral App and get access to interactive learning and Video lectures related to board, JEE & NEET Preparation.