Name the wastes which are generated in your house daily. What measures would you take for their disposal ?
- Vegetable and fruit peels and rind, stale food, food leftovers, used tea leaves.
- Milk pouches, polythene bags, empty cartons.
- Waste paper (newspaper, bags, envelopes), packing paper, empty bottles, torn cloth pieces, etc.
- Dust and other sweepings.
- Separation into biodegradable and non-biodegradable, recyclable and non-recyclable wastes.
- Recyclable wastes (waste paper, cloth, polythene or plastic bags, cartons, bottles, cans, etc.) can be given to rag pickers for recycling.
- Preparation of compost or vetmicompost from kitchen wastes for home garden (kitchen garden).
- In the absence of kitchen garden, the household garbage and other wastes can be given to waste collectors for disposal.