What are the limitation in obtaining energy from wind ?
- We cannot depend upon wind energy as it is available only when air is in motion. The appliances or machines operating with wind energy stop working as soon as wind stops. The minimum speed of wind to operate generator to produce electricity is about 15 km/h. As soon as the speed of the wind becomes less than 15 km/h, the generator stops working.
- There are certain regions where wind is not available, so the use of wind energy is limited to certain places where wind is in plenty and blows most of the time.
- Wind energy is not sufficient to operate very heavy machines.
- Wind energy cannot be used to operate all types of machines.
- Wind mills are usually broken during storms and hence lot of money is spent for the maintenance of a wind energy form.