JEE is an engineering entrance exam held at national level in India every year. It is further divided into two phases – JEE Mains and the JEE Advanced. JEE Mains ensures admissions to the various engineering colleges in India which include NITs, IIITs and other GFITs depending on the scores secured.
JEE Mains 2018 Counselling Process will commence from the month of June 2018. It consists of a total seven rounds and the whole Process is conducted through online mode. The candidates who will qualify in JEE Mains 2018 Exam will be eligible to take part in the JEE Mains 2018 Counselling Process and further seat allocation procedure.
To fill up your knowledge carts we have come up with a blog providing the complete details regarding JEE Mains 2018 Counselling and subsequent seat allocation process by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
JEE Mains 2018 Counselling – Eligibility Criteria
All candidates who have surpassed the JEE Mains 2018 cut off limit will be eligible to take part in the JEE Mains 2018 Counselling Process. An important point to be considered is that all the aspirants who apply for JEE Mains Counselling 2018 will not get admission to the IITs or ISM-Dhanbad. Admission to these particular institutes will only be granted to candidates qualifying JEE Advanced 2018 Exam.
Along with this the candidates should also fulfill the JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria to participate in the JEE Mains Counselling 2018 Process.
JEE Mains 2018 Counselling – Tentative Schedule
JEE Mains 2018 Counselling is an online process. The following table consists of all the important events and their tentative dates related to the seven rounds of JEE Mains 2018 Counselling Process.
|Sr. No.||Important Event||Tentative Dates|
|1||Registration and Choice Filling Process||Third week of June 2018|
|2||Last Date of Registration and Choice Filling||4th Week of June 2018|
|3||Mock Seat Allocation – Round 1||Last week of June 2018|
|4||Mock Seat Allocation-Round 2||Last week of June 2018|
|5||1st Round of Seat Allocation||Last week of June 2018|
|6||1st Round of Seat Acceptance||Last week of June to 1st week of July 2018|
|7||Display of Seat Availability||1st week of July 2018|
|8||2nd Round of Seat Allocation||1st week of July 2018|
|9||2nd Round Withdrawal/acceptance of seats||1st week of July 2018|
|10||Display of Seat Availability||2nd week of July 2018|
|11||3rd Round of Seat Allocation||2nd week of July 2018|
|12||3rd Round Withdrawal/acceptance of seats||2nd week of July 2018|
|13||Reporting to Help Centre||2nd week of July 2018|
|14||4th Round of Seat Allocation||2nd week of July 2018|
|15||4th Round Withdrawal/acceptance of seats||2nd week of July 2018|
|16||5th Round of Seat Allocation||3rd week of July 2018|
|17||5th Round Withdrawal/acceptance of seats||3rd week of July 2018|
|18||6th Round of Seat Allocation||3rd week of July 2018|
|19||6th Round Withdrawal / acceptance of seats||4th week of July 2018|
|20||7th Round of Seat Allocation||4th week of July 2018|
|21||7th Round Withdrawal / acceptance of seats||4th week of July 2018|
|22||Reporting to Help Centre||4th week of July 2018|
JEE Mains 2018 Counselling – Complete Process
The JEE Mains 2018 Counselling Process comprises of the following 5 major steps:
- Online Registration
- Online Choice Filling and Locking
- Seat Allotment
- Fee Payment & Seat Acceptance
- Reporting to Allocated Institution
Step 1 – Online Registration
The candidates can register themselves for JEE Mains 2018 Counselling by following these steps.
- Go to the official website of JoSAA.
- Click on the lLgin page.
- Enter the JEE Mains 2018 Roll No. and PasswordClick on the “Login” button.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Click on the “I Agree” button.
- After successful Login, Registration Form for JoSAA will open.
- Fill all the details carefully.
- Tick on the ”Declaration” button.
- Now, Click on the “Submit” button.
- Read the filled information carefully.
- Click on the “Confirm Registration”.
Step 2 – Online Choice Filling and Locking
The candidates can now fill up their choice in JEE Mains 2018 Counselling Form and according to their preference register for the online choice filling and locking process. Follow the steps mentioned below. This will done in two stages.
Stage – 1
- Visit the official website of JoSAA.
- Enter your Mains 2018 Roll Number/JEE Advanced 2018 Roll Number and Password.
- Click on the Login button to fill the registration form of JoSAA 2018.
- Online JoSAA 2018 registration form will be displayed on the screen.
- Go to the ‘Candidates Profile’ to check that all the details you entered are correct. Click on ‘Change Password’ to change the Password as it is compulsory.
- Modify contact details by clicking “EDIT CONTACT DETAILS”
- When you are finished with editing, click on ‘Submit Changes’.
Stage – 2
- Now, Candidates have to select “Choice Available” option.
- Select Institute Type, Institute Name & Academic Programme.
- Now, Click on the “Choice Filling & Locking” option.
- Choose Colleges & Courses. Fill maximum possible choices for allotment.
- Arrange filled choices in decreasing order of the preferences.
- If candidates want to change the filled choice, then click on the “Choice Interchange” option.
- Now, click on the option “Choice Rearrange”.
- Arrange the colleges according to the preferences.
- Click on the “Save” button.
- If candidates want to delete their filled choices, click on the “Multiple Deletion” option.
- Lock the choices before the deadline by clicking on the option “Lock Choice”.
- Make choices carefully, choices once locked will not change.
- Choice locking will be done after each round of counselling.
- Candidates can mark upgraded choice in successive rounds of choice filling and locking process.
Step 3 – Seat Allotment
- Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of reservation norms, choices filled and vacancies.
- Candidates will get an Email/SMS regards to the seat allotment after a few days of choice lock.
- Download the seat allotment letter.
Step 4 – Fee Payment & Seat Acceptance
- The candidates will be required to pay the Seat Acceptance fee for the JEE Main Seats through Net Banking or e-Challan.
- All the documents provided by the candidate will be verified at the reporting center.
- After the successful verification of the documents and payment of the fee, a provisional admission letter will be issued to the candidates.
The Seat Acceptance fee of JEE Mains 2018 Counselling for different categories are described in the table below.
|Sr. No.||Category||Amount (in Rs.)|
Step 5 – Reporting to the Allocated Institution
This is the last step of JEE Main Counselling 2018 and seat allotment procedure. Candidates will be asked to report to their assigned institutes with original certificates and documentation on the allotted date to avoid cancellation.
- Candidates have to report to the allotted institution after the fee acceptance.
- Candidates have to report at the allotted college along with all the original documents and certificates.
- Candidates, those allotted a seat in NIT, IIIT, IIEST & other GFTI colleges have to report only at reporting center of these institutions.
JEE Mains 2018 Counselling – Rounds
As mentioned above, there are seven rounds in the counselling process of IIT JEE Mains Exam. These rounds are conducted by the JoSSA. The details of these rounds are mentioned below.
Based on the JEE Mains rank, the candidates will be selected for the first rounds of JEE Mains Counselling. Those who have allotted seats in this round, have to download Provisional Seat Allotment Letter and report at the reporting center.
The seats which will be left vacant after first round of Counselling will be to be filled by the Round 2 of JEE Mains Counselling. The candidates who will be eligible to participate in this round, will have to report at the reporting center at the allotted date and time to accept or withdrew their seats.
For further JoSSA Seat Allocation, the candidate opts for this round of counselling.
The number of seats filled or available after 3rd round, will be to be filled by the candidates who are eligible for the 4th round of counselling.
Central Board of Seat Allocation will allocate seats to the candidates who will be eligible for 5th round of counselling. The candidates have to report at the reporting center at the allotted time and date.
The number of vacant seats still left will be filled with this round of counselling. The withdrawal or acceptance of seats by candidates can be performed by the candidates.
This is the last round of counselling. The candidates have to report at the reporting center for the acceptance of seats. There is no withdrawal of seats in this round.
JEE Mains 2018 Counselling – Freeze, Float and Slide Options.
- Freeze: Candidates, those accept the allotted seat & don’t want to participate in other counselling round.
- Float: Candidates who accept the allotted seat & want to get admission to a better college, they will select this option. They can participate in further counselling rounds.
- Slide: This option is for candidates, those accept the allotted seat & looking for the better option in the same institution. These candidates are considered for the other round of counselling.
- In case, candidates want to make changes from float to slide/free & slide any option, they have to report at the allotted center for changes.
- No changes will be allowed in the last round of seat allocation.
- The slide & float option is only given to the candidates who have not been offered with admission to their first preferences.
JEE Mains 2018 Counselling – Withdrawal of Seats
- If candidates want to withdraw their seats, they have to report at the reporting center before the sixth round of seat allocation.
- Candidates will not be considered for the further round of counselling process after they have opted for withdrawal option.
- After seat withdrawal, the seat acceptance fee will be refunded to the candidates after deduction of Rs. 1000 as a processing charge.
- For seat withdrawal process, candidates have to fill their bank account details & upload an image of the cancelled cheque (same account) in a JPEG/JPG format. After that, the candidate cab download the withdrawal request letter.
- Candidates have to bring the withdrawal request letter signed by their parents and report to the reporting center.
We have tried our best to provide complete information regarding the JEE Mains 2018 Counselling and Seat Allocation Process in detail. If you have any further confusion regarding the counselling and seat allocation process, feel free to contact us via [email protected]
Hope you liked reading the above post. Please share it with your friends to help them in getting the relevant information. Stay tuned with eSaral.