If you want to improve your class 9 Math, Coordinate Geometry concepts, then it is super important for you to learn and understand all the formulas.
By using these formulas you will learn about the Introduction to Coordinate Geometry.
With the help of these formulas, you can revise the entire chapter easily.
Coordinate Geometry Class 9 Maths all Formulas
- Cartesian coordinate system: A system which describe the position of a point in a plane is called Cartesian system.
- Cartesian coordinate axis: Let us draw a horizontal line XX’ and a vertical line YY’ in a plane. Both the lines intersect each other at 90°, then the plane is divided into four parts. The lines XX’ and YY’ are called axes i.e., XX’ is the x-axis and YY’ is y-axis.
- Quadrant When XX’ and YY’ intersect each other then the plane is divided into four parts. These parts are called quadrants. The plane is known as Cartesian plane or XY plane.
- Coordinate Geometry: It is a branch of geometry in which geometric problems are solved through algebra by using coordinate system.
- Cartesian Coordinate (Rectangular Coordinate) System In this system, the position of a point P is determined by knowing the distances from two perpendicular lines passing through the fixed point O is called origin. The position of the point P from origin on x-axis is called x-coordinate and the position of P from origin on y-axis is called y-coordinate.
- Abscissa: The distance of a point P from y-axis is called abscissa.
- Ordinate: The distance of a point P from x-axis is called its ordinate.
- In first quadrant values of x and y are both positive.
- In second quadrant value of x is negative whereas the value of y is positive.
- In third quadrant value of x and y both are negative.
- A point which lies on y-axis has the coordinates of the form (0, b).
- A point which lies on x-axis has the coordinates of the form (a, 0).
- In fourth quadrant, the value of x is positive and value ofy is negative.
- Perpendicular distance of a point from x-axis = (+)y-coordinate.
- Perpendicular distance of a point from y-axis = (+)x-coordinate.
NCERT Class 9 Maths Book in PDF
NCERT Class 9 Science Book in PDF
NCERT Class 9 Science Exemplar in PDF
NCERT Class 9 Maths Exemplar in PDF
If you have any Confusion related to the Introduction to Coordinate Geometry Class 9 Maths all Formulas, then feel free to ask in the comments section down below.
To watch Free Learning Videos on Class 9 Maths by Kota’s top Faculties Install the eSaral App