Download now India's Best Exam Prepration App
Class 9-10, JEE & NEET
|Video Lectures||Live Sessions|
|Previous Year Paper||Revision|
Why do plant cells possess large sized vacuole? (CCE 2011)
Vacuole of plant cells has to be large because it takes part in
1. Storage : It stores salts, sugar, amino acids, organic acids and some proteins.
2. Cellular Wastes : They are dumped in the vacuole.
3. Lysosomal Enzymes: They occur in the vacuole of plant cells.
4. Turgidity: The vacuole contains cell sap which provides turgidity to the cells.
5. Absorption of Water: Plant cell vacuole contains an osmotic concentration required for absorption of water.