JEE is an engineering entrance exam held at national level in India every year. It is further divided into two phases – JEE Main and the JEE Advanced. The second phase of the exam i.e. JEE Advanced, if qualified ensures admissions to the one of the 23 IITs including ISM-Dhanbad depending on the scores secured.
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Process will commence from the month of June 2018. It consists of a total seven rounds and the whole Process is conducted through online mode. The candidates who will qualify in JEE Advanced 2018 Exam will be eligible to take part in the JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Process and further seat allocation procedure. Some important highlights of the JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Process are as follows:
|JEE Advanced Counselling Date||19-Jun-18|
|Conducting Body||Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA)|
|Minimum Eligibility||75% aggregate marks in class XII or a good rank in JEE Advanced|
|Procedure||Registration, Choice Filling, Choice Locking, Validation, Seat Allotment and Reporting to the Allotted Centers|
|Total Participating Colleges||23 IITs including ISM-Dhanbad|
|Total seats||For 4-year program- 9064 seats
For 5-year program- 1924 seats
|Total Programs (Streams) Available||For 4-year Course- 166 streams
For 5-year Course- 79 streams
|First Seat Allotment Round is scheduled for||June 29, 2018 (tentative)|
Note: All the figures mentioned above are approximate and are a subject to change.
To fill up your knowledge carts we have come up with a blog providing the complete details regarding JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling and subsequent seat allocation process by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling – Eligibility Criteria
A certain set of eligibility criteria has been set by the JoSAA for the candidates to participate in the JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Process. The candidate should have secured the minimum cut-off announced by the IITs and must have a position in the rank list released.
Candidates need to secure minimum prescribed marks in each subject and in aggregate to appear in the JEE Advanced 2018 Merit list. The category wise minimum cut of marks list is mentioned below in the table for reference of all the candidates. Minimum Qualifying marks for Inclusion in the JEE Advanced 2018 Merit List are as follows:
|Rank List||Minimum Percentage of marks in each subject||Minimum Percentage of aggregate marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||10||35|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9||31.5|
|SC rank list||5||17.5|
|ST rank list||5||17.5|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL-PwD)||5||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5||17.5|
|SC-PwD rank list||5||17.5|
|ST-PwD rank list||5||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank lists||2.5||8.75|
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling – Tentative Schedule
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling is an online process. The following table consists of all the important events and their tentative dates related to the seven rounds of JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Process.
|S.No.||Important Events||JEE Advanced Counselling dates|
|1||Registration and Choice Filling Process||Last week of June 2018|
|2||Choice Filling for AAT||Last week of June 2018|
|3||Display of Mock Seat Allocation Result||Last week of June 2018|
|4||Last Date to register and submit the choices||Last week of June 2018|
|5||1st Round of Seat Allocation||1st week of July 2018|
|6||1st Round Withdrawal/acceptance of seats||1st week of July 2018|
|7||2nd Round of Seat Allocation||1st week of July 2018|
|8||2nd Round Withdrawal/acceptance of seats||1st week of July 2018|
|9||3rd Round of Seat Allocation||2nd week of July 2018|
|10||3rd Round Withdrawal/acceptance of seats||2nd week of July 2018|
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling – Complete Process
The JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Process comprises of the following 5 major steps. The JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Schedule will be completed in 3 rounds. The candidates are advised to check their status after each round of counselling.
- Registration for JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling
- Candidates need to fill choices online and lock them
- Allotment of seats
- Reporting to Allotted colleges
- Granting Provisional Admission for to candidates
Step 1 – Online Registration
Firstly, candidates have to register online to participate in the counselling process. Candidates have to fill registration details like gender, state code of eligibility, nationality, etc. No fee will be charged for registration & choice filling.
Step 2 – Online Choice Filling and Locking
Candidates will have to fill up their choices by logging in using their Registration No (User ID), Roll No and Password to fill their choices as per branch, course and institute preference. They are permitted to change, edit, delete or add new choices until finalizing their choices. Candidates must lock their final choices before the due dates failing which leads to choices are locked automatically.
Applicants can select a maximum of 50 choices during online locking of choices. They are advised to take a print out of their finally submitted choices.
1. Fitness Criteria required to be fulfilled by students for Mining and Petroleum Engineering:
Candidates planning to apply for Mining and Mining Machinery Engineering and related courses must fulfill additional fitness criteria as mentioned below:
- These students should be free from color blindness and the standard of visual acuity with or without glasses should be as per DGMS circular (the distant vision of eye with or without glasses should be not less than 6/6 and 6/9 for worse eye)
- Candidates applying for Petroleum engineering and related courses as well as those seeking admission in M.Sc. / M. Tech. in Applied Geology must be free from clause of color blindness also.
2. Special Eligibility for Female candidates in Mining Engineering Courses
- ISM Dhanbad does not admit female students in Mining Engineering, Mining Machinery Engineering and any of the related courses.
- Female candidates are however, eligible for admission in Mining Engineering at IIT Kharagpur and IIT (BHU) Varanasi, provided they fulfill the special medical requirements.
- The female candidates as per Section 46 (1) of the Mines Act, 1952, are not permitted to work in mines below ground. They are allowed to work only between 6 AM to 7 PM on mines above ground level.
3. Admission to Architecture Courses in IITs
- Candidates seeking admission in Architecture courses at the IITs should appear and pass the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) conducted at the seven Zonal IITs. The test will be conducted on June 19, 2018.(Tentative)
- Candidates are required to choose B. Arch. at IIT Kharagpur or IIT Roorkee during online choice filling in counselling and appear for AAT 2018 also. JEE Advanced 2018 Admit Card issued would be required to appear for Architecture Aptitude Test.
- Candidates would be however considered for admission, solely on the basis of JEE Advanced AIR and category rank of candidate.
Step 3 – Seat Allotment, Fee Payment & Seat Acceptance
Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of reservation norms, choices filled and vacancies. Candidates will get an Email/SMS regarding to the seat allotment after a few days of choice lock. Download the seat allotment letter.
The candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to check the status of seat allotment during JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling. The opening and closing ranks for all the categories would vary. Hence, the candidates securing higher in their respective categories will be allotted seats accordingly.
- Log in using the Registration No (User ID), JEE Advanced 2018 Roll No and Password to check their seat allotment status.
- Students should check their status of Seat Allotment at the end of every round.
- Allotments might change due to up gradation. Hence, students should pay attention regarding this.
- The soft copy of the category (SC/ST/OBC-NCL) certificates uploaded at the time of online registration will be scrutinized against originals during seat allocation
- If the certificates uploaded are found to be inappropriate, the student will be treated as General only, if their score in the Paper-1 of JEE Main is above the cutoff score for General category.
Note: The seat allocation in JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling would be completed within three rounds. All the candidates are therefore advised to check the status after the completion of ever round, as there is a possibility that the seats allotted to them are upgraded because other students have either withdrawn from the course or have accepted seats they prefer.
After the JoSSA Seat Allocation process, the candidates have to make the fee payment for the allotted seats through SBI NET Banking / e-challan. The seat acceptance fees for candidates is as follows:
|Sr. No.||Category||Amount (in Rs.)|
Step 4 – Reporting to the Allocated Institution
Candidates are required to report to the Zonal IIT after the seats are allotted to them. All the candidates should be present in person for verification of documents and payment of admission fee. The registration fee for General and reserved categories is mentioned below.
|SC/ST & PWD||20000|
The candidate have to report at the help center with the below-mentioned documents/ certificates for the Advanced counselling 2018:
- 3 passport size photographs (same as uploaded at the time of the registration).
- Photo identity card.
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment.
- Provisional seat admission letter.
- JEE Advance admit card.
- JEE Advanced score card.
- Class XII marksheet.
- Date of birth proof.
- Category certificate (if applicable).
List of Reporting Centers for JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling:
|1||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay||IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076, Maharashtra, India|
|2||Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi||Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016, India|
|3||Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur||IIT-Kharagpur, West Bengal, India-721302|
|4||Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur||Kalyanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208016, India|
|5||Indian Institute of Technology, Madras||IIT Madras P.O., Chennai-600036, India|
|6||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee||IIT-Roorkee, Roorkee-Haridwar Highway, Roorkee-247667, Uttarakhand, India|
|7||Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati||IIT-Guwahati, near Doul Gobinda Road Amingoan, North Guwahati, Guwahati-781039, Assam, India|
|8||Indian Institute of Technology, (BHU) Varanasi||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh-221005, India|
|9||Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneshwar||Samantapuri, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha-751013, India|
|10||Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar||IIT-Gandhinagar, Village Palaj, Simkheda, Gandhinagar, Gujarat-382355, India|
|11||Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad||Kandi, Sangareddy-502285, Telangana, India|
|12||Indian Institute of Technology, Indore||Khandwa Road, Simrol, Indore, Madhya Pradesh-453552, India|
|13||Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur||Old Residency Road, Ratanada, Jodhpur, Rajasthan-342001, India|
|14||Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi||Parashar Road, Tehsil Sadar, Near Kataula, Kamand, Himachal Pradesh-175005, India|
|15||Indian Institute of Technology, Patna||Bihta, Patna, Bihar-801103, India|
|16||Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar||Nangal Road, Rupnagar, Punjab-140001, India|
|17||Indian Institute of Technology, ISM Dhanbad||IIT-Dhanbad, Police Line, Sardar Patel Nagar, Hirapur, Dhanbad, Jharkhand-826004, India|
Step 5 – Provisional Admission
The institutes will issue a final allotment letter and grant provisional admission to candidates after verifying the documents and the fee is paid by the candidate. Candidates who fail to meet any eligibility criteria or are caught providing false information/documents will be debarred from the counselling process and their admission would be immediately deemed cancelled.
Documents Required for Provisional Admission
Students are required to submit original documents along with one attested photocopy during verification for taking provisional admission.
- JEE Advanced 2018 Original Admit Card
- JEE Advanced 2018 Seat Allotment Letter from JOCSAP website
- JEE Advanced Application Form (duly filled)
- Duly filled medical examination report
- Birth Proof — Class Xth /HSC/Birth Certificate/Any other certificate as proof of data of birth
- Class 12th or Equivalent Examination Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate (OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PwD/DS) issued by competent authority as per the format in the JEE Advanced 2018 Brochure
- Criteria for Foreign National students — Attested photocopy of the page in the passport comprising the name, photo and nationality.
- DD towards the registration fee. It would be later adjusted towards the tuition fee, to be paid at the time of admission.
We have tried our best to provide complete information regarding the JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling and Seat Allocation Process in detail. If you have any further confusion regarding the counselling and seat allocation process, feel free to contact us via [email protected]
Hope you liked reading the above post. Please share it with your friends to help them in getting the relevant information. Stay tuned with eSaral.