Medical aspirants wishing to pursue MBBS, BDS or other medical courses must be conversant with NEET 2020 exam pattern along with their preparation efforts. The exam pattern of NEET 2020 gives details of the type of exam, mode of paper, language, duration, question type, marking scheme and more. So preparing for NEET will be inadequate without a proper familiarity with NEET exam pattern.
Candidates must check below Exam Pattern before starting the exam preparation:
- Exam Mode: NEET 2020 exam will be conducted through offline (pen-paper based) mode.
- Questions Type: Question paper will contain objective type of questions.
- Medium: The question paper will be available in English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kannada Languages.
- No of questions: There will be total 180 questions in the paper.
- Total Marks: The paper will be total of 720 marks.
- Duration: NEET exam duration is 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will award 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Number of Questions
|Biology (Zoology +Botany)||90 (45+45)||360 (180+180)|
|Total||180 Questions||720 Marks|
|👉 Application Details|
|👉 Important Dates|
|👉 How to Fill NEET 2020 Application Form?|
|👉 Eligibility Criteria|
|👉 Exam Pattern NEET 2020|
|👉 Detailed Syllabus|
|👉 FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Question’s)|
One salient feature mentioned in the NEET 2020 is that the exam mode is pen and paper-based. So knowing how to mark the OMR sheet becomes an important factor in the preparation as a mistake can’t be erased. Similarly to crack NEET, students would have to be quick enough which is where knowing and practising within the given time limit of the exam makes the difference. NEET 2020 exam pattern denotes a three-hour-long exam where candidates must answer 180 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology as per the given syllabus. The complete detailed Exam Pattern of NEET exam 2020 can be checked here in this article.